Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Cobb Saddle Reviews - V-Flow Plus and SCH 170

I installed and ran the V-Flow Plus on my tri bike. I was running the Adamo Road previously and was experiencing some slight chaffing issues due to the split nose design and width of the seat.

The V-Flow plus lived up to its billing as helping relieve any numbness issues as well as being narrow enough to reduce chaffing.  I had zero chaffing and zero numbness. The only downside is trying to get the tilt right which is not an issue with the seat but just getting it dialed in.  www.cobbcycling.com gives suggestions on tilt and I need to go back and follow those.

I installed the SCH 170 on my road bike.  I was running an Adamo Podium previously and was experiencing the same issues as I was on the tri bike with chaffing.

First day on the bike I took the SCH 170 out for a 3hr ride to really test it in the saddle. Got a little bit of everything that day as the wind was howling.  All in all I loved it just like I did the V-Flow Plus as there were no numbness issues and zero chaffing. If I was on the Adamo for 3hrs chaffing would have been a huge issue. Same as the Plus I need to go to the website and get the tilt dialed in and I will be set.

Thanks goes out to John Cobb and his team for making excellent saddles that are meant for racing and provide comfort for an enjoyable ride.

If you are interested in any of the Cobb Cycling saddles let me know at www.apexendurance.com or jeff@apexendurance.com and we can see what we can do for you.




Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment