Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Bridgeland Triathlon - Race Week


This event is the best sprint only race in Houston.

With that being said the best racers in Houston make it out for this race and the competition is tough. Last year I raced my tail off and only ended up top 10.

I have been using my races so far this year to test things. So, far through my three tests I am still not satisfied with the results. So, Bridgeland is going to be another one test.  My goal going in is the swim my normal swim and then bike with the higher avg/normalized power than my last two races and see where that leaves me on the run.

The run so far this season was good two races ago but I did not bike hard enough and last race I had a bike PR but ran terribly.  I think my terrible run was more a factor of lack of sleep than it was fitness or my bike effort.  This is why I am trying to bike hard again.

Main focuses this week are to hydrate enough and get some medium duration and intensity workouts in to keep the legs ready for the effort on Sunday.

Saturday I will go out and ride and run the course not hard but again just to keep the legs moving and to scope out the course again.

Fingers are crossed for a good test.
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. You're going to crush it bro- I'm predicting 6th overall, first in Age group. Go Apex!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish that was the case. After looking at the start line in my Age Group every racer in Houston came out to race as expected and if I have my best race this year I will be top 10 in age group maybe.

    ReplyDelete