Monday, August 22, 2011

Good Training Weekend

Enhanced by Zemanta

Weekend Started on Friday where I spent some much needed time at the pool working on my swim stroke.
I think I am getting a better handle
on some technique issues that have been lacking and noticed some improvement in my swim sets.

Bonus was the sunrise I got to see while swimming.  Check out the photo.

Then on Saturday I was in Jacksonville, TX visiting with family. This is always a good time for training and I took advantage of it.

Saturday I spent three hours on the road bike and climbed what locals call "The Beast". It is a category 5 hill climb that lives up to its name. For any climb to be rated (receive a climb score/category) it must be at least 500 meters in length with an average grade of 3% or more.  


After the long bike I ran for about 25mins or so.  Then Sunday I woke up and did another 11miles of running to cap off the weekend.


I feel pretty good today and am excited about my training and progress. I hope it shows in a couple of weeks in ATX at the Austin Triathlon.

1 comment: