Tuesday, November 15, 2011

New Bike and Training Slow Down

Well I found an awesome deal on a 2010 Trek Speed Concept 7series and swept it up. I just got it back all built up and I am super excited about riding it.  Problem is the seat post is too long but already scheduled my fit appointment with Tad Hughes from http://www.tadhughescustom.com/ probably the premier bike fitter in Houston and maybe all of Texas.

I have already sold my other tri bike so this is where the training slowing down comes in.  I am training on my roadie which I love but I cannot do long threshold intervals on my road bike.  So, I am still working on the intensity but have not reached my 2x20min intervals yet.

Looking forward to the bike being done and the new fit.  Maybe get a few free watts out of the fit and be a little faster on the road with the Speed Concept.

2 comments:

  1. Tad @ www.tadhughescustom.com is trained in just about every bike fit method out there and has developed his own style when it comes to fitting. It was a great process and now lets see how the bike works now that it is fit. Did a hard interval ride yesterday and the power numbers looked good.

    ReplyDelete