Friday, October 28, 2011

This Weeks Training = Tough

Because of travel this coming weekend I had to make some alterations to my normal training schedule.  I just bracketed four straight THRESHOLD workouts with a 1hr trail run with the wife last Sunday and a nice Zone 3 45min tempo run today.  Looking to get in another run in the 8 mile range this weekend sometime.

I do not recommend 4 threshold workouts in a row without a break but it can be done thats for sure.  I got in a total of 54min @ threshold on the bike and 6 miles or threshold on the run over those 4 days.  

I am really enjoying my focused workouts and the mental toughness I am gaining for race day.

3 comments:

  1. Nice work man. What exactly do you mean "threshold"? Thats a little vague- what is threshold for you?

    Whats the next race/goal race?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you doing that Oilman 70.3 on your schedule?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did not do Oilman but will probably do 70.3 in Galveston in April and IMTX in May.

    ReplyDelete