Monday, March 19, 2012

CDifferent Race Results

Summary:
6th overall and 2nd in my age group
500m Swim: 1:39/100
12.6mile Bike: 22.7mph on a windy day with 231watts Normalized Power
3.1mile Run: 6:53min/mile avg pace
Combined Transitions T1/T2: 91secs total, which was a 3 way tie for 1st place overall with the 2nd and 4th place overall finishers.

I am happy with the results as I have done basically zero speed work all year with increasing my volume and dealing with nagging injuries. So, the fact that there was some speed there was good news and the fact that I had zero pain throughout the day was the best news.

Based on HR I left a tiny bit on the bike but quit a bit on the run.  I probably should have been in the low 6:40s or so on the run at least but my running economy was lacking as I have not been running at those speeds in months.

So, definitely some learnings to take away from the race and some good results.



No comments:

Post a Comment