Monday, April 2, 2012

IMTX Update

Well I have been plugging along.  Had another 10+ hr training week last week thanks to my Saturday 1.5hr run and my Sunday 4+ hr solo bike ride and 20min brick run.

I have to say that I do not enjoy solo training for Ironman.  Being by myself on the bike for 4hrs was both mentally and physically challenging.  I really think my limit is 3hrs before it really starts to go downhill.

I have managed to average over 8.3hrs a week so far in 2012, which is not great but considering 2011 was 5.3hrs a week I am doing pretty well.  I am also pretty healthy so things are looking good. I have 4 more hard weeks of training to put in before the big day and this week is my biggest to date with 15 hrs of training scheduled (2 swims, 4bikes, 5runs (2 are short bricks)).

I am curious to see how I feel next week with this kind of volume but I am also excited about the opportunity to post this volume.


1 comment: