Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Big Week Update

Well it is now Wednesday and I am close to 50% through my biggest training week of my life.  Not huge by triathlete standards but big per my norms.

I have already had three curve balls thrown my way when attempting my swim workouts this week.  First being that I had to move a swim because my wife is on call and my normal Tuesday/Thursday was not going to work.  No problem I am now swimming Tuesday/Wednesday this week. Base hit off that curve ball no problem.

The second curve ball came when my son decided to wake up at 5am on Tuesday morning as I was about to walk out the door to do my swim.  I took an extra 15min to help take care of him so my wife can get some of her morning stuff together before I got out of the door. Instead of an hour swim it was 45min. Not bad.

The 3rd curve ball came this morning when again my son decides to wake up at 5am.  This time though my wife is on call tonight so I spent 30min trying to take care of him so she could sleep a little bit longer.  She is great though and took over so I could scamper off to the pool.  Very constrained on time I decided just to get in and swim 1500 yds without stopping to make the most of my time.  Out in under 30minutes and off to work.  So, a planned two hours of swimming has become 1.25hrs but oh well I am rolling with the punches in this large volume week.

Tonight I have a bike ride and we will see what curve ball come flying my way.


No comments:

Post a Comment