Monday, April 23, 2012

2nd to Last Big Weekend until IMTX

Another big week and weekend are in the books.

Another 100+ mile course ride, 2.4mile open water swim and 17 miles of running for the weekend along.

It is the Monday after and I feel pretty good considering the work load.  I am definitely feeling more fit now than I ever have in my entire life and I am down to my race weight goal of 155 lbs as of this morning.  I hope to lose a bit more before race day but I hit my number and hope to not gain when the taper starts.

Confidence is growing with every mile and this coming weekend should be the culmination of that and where I work on my final race pacing thoughts.

Doing another 100+ on the bike with a decent size brick run on Saturday then a long 14-16mile run on Sunday.

The week of training though is low volume to try to get fully recovered before the weekend.

All for now.

1 comment: