Monday, January 30, 2012

Good Ride & Good Nutrition

I had a very good long ride last night on my trainer.

I had a long week with getting prepared for my sons first birthday party so most of the week was hit or miss with training.

Last night though I was determined to get my long ride in no matter what.

So, I got on my bike at 9pm and got off at midnight.  Not ideal but man it felt good on so many different levels.

Best part was that thanks to Third Coast Training's testing services my zones are dialed in.  My average power and HR were right where they were predicted and my nutrition was on point.

Right now I am trying out Infinit Nutrition (a custom formula I made) and it has done me well.  I mix thress servings of 220 calories in one bottle and sip from that for 3 hours.  I have additional water bottles to drink from as well.

For 3hr ride I took in a total of 4 bottles of water (1 containing nutrition).

Nutrition Breakdown per hour

Infinit
Calories 220
Sodium 555mg
Potassium 161mg
Carbs 52g
Protein 3g

GU Electrolyte Tabs
Calories 10
Sodium 320mg
Potassium 55mg

Total Per Hour
Calories 230
Sodium 875mg
Potassium 216mg
Carbs 52g
Protein 3g

No comments:

Post a Comment