Monday, January 16, 2012

Ironman Texas Training


Ok, Ironman Texas training starts today.  I have my plan done through middle of April when I get retested at Third Coast Training and with their help reevaluate what my focus should be going forward into the race on May 19th.

I am super apprehensive and super excited all at the same time.   It is going to be an interesting journey filled with ups and downs and I hope to chronicle it all here.

Today is a scheduled rest day but since last week was vacation and I did only one run, one really good hike and walked a lot each day I will probably get in either a bike tonight or a strength session.

Time to get my diet and training consistent and on track for performance on race day.

Goals:
I am going into IMTX realistic as this is my first Ironman.  I am hoping to break the 12 hour barrier but have people telling me that through my test results I should break 11 hours.  We will see what happens as this is no easy Ironman with super hot and humid weather that saw a lot of DNFs last year.


No comments:

Post a Comment