Thursday, January 13, 2011

Crossfit and Crossfit Endurance for 2011

I have decided to do away with all LSD "long slow distance" training.

I am going to use Crossfit (CF) and Crossfit Endurance (CFE) training for my entire race season (sprints, oly's and HIM).

This program is highly intensive and thus requires only 6-8 hours per week to COMPETE at any distance race. This almost seems to good to be true but we will see how it goes and I am excited.

I have my long time buddy Nathan who is CF Certified helping me build my cross-training routines and I am using the CFE website www.crossfitendurance.com to build my endurance plan.

I am going down this road to become a more well-rounded athlete and for the time savings. I am set to be a new dad here in less than 2 weeks and any time I am not on the bike, on the road or in the pool is going to be more time with Pierce.

My season begins with a sprint the 1st weekend in April and it ends with a HIM in November.

No comments:

Post a Comment