Monday, January 17, 2011

Sunday, 1.16.11 Bike Test

Workout Details: http://tpks.ws/R3eJ

Today I did two 10mi TT on the Computrainer using a rolling course that I will continue to use to measure performance throughout the season.

WU: 10min easy spin with several pickups.

1st effort
AVG HR 166bpm
AVG POWER 190watts
AVG SPEED 19.9mph
AVG CADENCE 93rpm

2nd effort - really trying to put up some good numbers
AVG HR 172bpm
AVG POWER 220watts
AVG SPEED 21.1mph
AVG CADENCE 94rpm
Avg Watts/Avg HR = 1.28

Well during that second effort I felt really good and think I could have even done a little better which is promising but this effort was harder than I have gone before. I think I could have pressed 180bpm to really see some numbers but this was a good effort on a rolling course and after doing over 30min of semi hard riding.

Legs felt good the rest of the day and no soreness on Monday either.

I think I can attribute some of the success already to the Crossfit work I have been doing (thanks Nate). Adding functional strength and increasing my pain tolerance I think will go a long way in my racing.

No comments:

Post a Comment