Monday, February 21, 2011

Lactate Interval Run - 2.21.11


Today is another LT Interval Run.

The workout consists of the following:

WU: 5min slow build to top of Zone 1
MS: 5x(3min Z1,3min Z3)
CD: 10min Zone 1

Total Workout is 45min.

I have been having some knee issues so those 5 reps of 3min in Z3 will give me a decent test to see how the knee is doing. It has been doing great on on the base building runs so I am confident going in.

I am also doing the workout today on the treadmill at 2% incline to help keep me in Z1 when I am supposed to be and to have a slightly softer surface for my knee.

Workout Details: http://tpks.ws/fdLEzqQD

Workout is complete but Garmin was dead so no HR data. It turned out to be a very good and challenging run. Looking ahead the reps of Z3,Z2 are going to be that much harder.

Got in 4.66 miles and got some sports news in thanks to sportcenter on the treadmill.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment