Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Lactate Testing Bike and Run - 2.12.11


OK, well I broke down and decided to get my bike and run professionally tested.

It was a good experience at Third Coast Training and would recommend it to anyone. My lactate numbers did not surprise me at all but what did surprise me was what was holding me back.

My base is non existent and holding me back big time. With no base I am not able to clear lactic acid out of my muscles and in other words I reach fatigue more quickly than I should and could with a developed base.

This also is no surprise as I have not focused any attention at all on base bike or runs (not knowing the importance).

I now have more knowledge and a new coach. I hired Johnny at Third Coast that evening and he already has me set up with a plan to basically build my base which will allow room for my top end to increase.

It is going to be a long boring 6 weeks of base building but I have faith that I will come out a better triathlete because of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment