Monday, March 28, 2011

Austin Weekend

6th Street Action in Austin TexasImage by Visualist Images via FlickrWell the weekend in Austin was too short.

The wife, son and I went to Austin for bachelor and bachelor-et parties. If you are wondering my son got to crash the girls party so lucky him.

I was able to get my training in this weekend despite all the travel and activities. Did my Sunday run on Friday and my Saturday bike at 4am. That turned out to be kind of a bad decision because that means I was up for basically 24 hours that day. Driving back to Houston yesterday (Sunday) was the hardest drive I have ever done.  It was not length of the drive but trying to stay awake during the 3hrs was next to impossible.

My wife even had to throw some cold water on my face from her water bottle halfway through the trip.

Needless to say since I am writing this we made it home safe and sound.

Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. Be careful man... it's worth pulling over for a coffee or a hotel room if you are drowsy. First thing you know you're taking a long blink... Last thing you know you're waking up as the lone survivor. I've read about it too many times and every time I do it's a wakeup call. Glad you made it back OK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a weekend that was well worth it! Austin is an awesome place.
    And in the future for the long drives- I reccommend NoDoz!

    ReplyDelete