Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Trying to Find a Workout Schedule

Well last night I moved the bike and trainer into the living room hoping to be able to do my ride with the family while watching TV after dinner.

This was a big failure as it was too hot without the fan blowing in my face and too loud for the wife and baby. So, I took my gear back to the garage to complete my 90min ride.

With this latest failure and the fact that I did not feel right getting up and leaving the house to go swimming after being in the garage for most of the night last night I am at the point of trying something new with my workout schedule.

The new plan is to bike at like 4:15am on Tuesday and Thursday.  This will get me off the bike around 5:45am or so and I will be awake and free to help with Pierce in the morning. This of course is not ideal for sleep but at this point I am happy to give up some sleep to work around my wife and son's schedule. They put up with this triathlon stuff enough.

Now, that leaves swimming to plan for. Things will get much easier around the house when my wife is done with Step 3 as she will have much less stress on her. For now I think I will have to try to break away on the weekend only. Then maybe at sometime get a swim in after work once things calm down a bit.

Again, I have learned that plans do not work well with kids but not having a plan wouldn't work either. I have hope for this plan. Question is will I be able to stay awake at work.
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure you'll figure it out man, no worries. That's really good of you to put your family first though- I totally respect that.

    Right now, I wish I had a team to join.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks man and is there no teams or are they just too close knit? You are going to have your own jersey and stuff to wear though so oh well.

    ReplyDelete