Friday, March 4, 2011

Don't Stress Over Spilled Milk

Well yesterday and today did not go as planned for my workouts.

I had a lift and bike planned yesterday and none of which happened.  I had a swim planned for this morning that also did not happen.

It is really hard I am finding out to make everyone happy and seriously train for triathlons. There was a lot of stress in my house yesterday when I got home so I knew then that the evening bike ride was not going to happen.  Good thing is my body probably needed the break as I was still a little sore and have not been sleeping well anyway, which has hindered my recovery.

Today is big because I am going to the Orthopedist at Athletic Orthopedic and Knee to have my knee problems examined and I hope to have some kind of diagnosis today.  I guarantee they say rest it but I have been basically doing that since Dec 15th and can do that no longer. Update to come on what the Dr. Says.

Big lesson though is to not worry about missing a workout here or there. Triathlons are supposed to be fun for me and not something that rules my life or my family's.

Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. WEll said man, well said.

    I also think it would be awesome if Charlie Sheen was just putting on a giant act. I actually told someone that exact same thing the other night

    ReplyDelete