Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Verdict On My Knee


Today I visit the Orthopedist again for him to review my MRI and lay down his verdict aka diagnosis.

I have been super nervous all day as a few weeks ago I knew something was wrong and after describing the pain the Dr. even felt that I had a torn meniscus. The last week or so though have been pain free without really holding back to much in my training. So, there was a glimmer of hope that he would say nothing was wrong.

So, while sitting in the examine room and staring at the diagram to the right all I could do is think of what was wrong. The glimmer of hope disappeared.

The Dr. came in and asked how the knee was feeling and I emphatically said that it has actually been feeling great. He went on to say the reason he asked is because the MRI came back NEGATIVE for any issues except some slight fluid. This meant zero restrictions going forward.

We are both baffled by the fact that there was some serious shooting/sharp pain and there is nothing wrong but I will take a medical miracle any day.

Now that my coach and I no longer have an worries about the knee I get to do intervals again on the run.  What a way to celebrate a healthy knee.

I can also now look forward to the Kemah Triathlon on April 2 even though I will not be in top form.




Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment: