Thursday, March 10, 2011

New Ride Time A Success

Well, I tried a new ride time this morning to get my training in without disrupting my family life.

I woke up and was on the bike by 4:15am. I put in a solid 90min Interval Ride and was done and able to spend the morning with the wife and newborn.
MY TORTURE CHAMBER

Lactate Interval Ride:
Warm Up: 10min Zone 1
Main Set: 11x(3min Zone 1, 3min top of Zone 3) then 1x(3min Zone 1, 1min top of Zone 3)
Cool Down: 10min Zone 1

This workout was perfect to end my strict Zone 1 rides as it was not too tough going above Lactate Threshold but did push me to work a little.

Best part is though the fact that the ride time was a success and I should be able to do that twice a week without too much trouble.

Now, trying to find some swim time is the next hurdle. I talked to our baby sitter aka my mom and she said she can probably come earlier once a week or so and that would probably allow me to go get a swim in.  We will see next week if that will fly as well.


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment