Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Weekend In Jacksonville, Wife's BDay and MRI

Well a lot of stuff has happened since my last post on Friday.

JACKSONVILLE TRIP
We made the 3.5hr trip to my Wife's grandmothers on Lake Jacksonville in northeast Texas. Travelling with Pierce is always an adventure cause there is no telling when or where he decides to get upset about being in a car seat or decide that he is hungry. I am sure it was much easier back in the day when rules about kids in car seats were not soo strict and you can just ride with your little one in your lap. Not safe but definitely easier.

Going to Jacksonville is usually a rather relaxing time as you can see from the back of her grandmothers house in the morning. Get good food and just a lot of downtime. I of course had a weekend of training planned. 2hr Base Build ride and 1hr Base Build run.  The only problem is the weather was a little cold and I did not bring cold weather riding gear.

So, the weekend turned into a 1hr base run on Saturday and an interval run on Sunday. The interval run went really well with no knee pain.



Interval Run:
WU: 5 min Zone 1
MS: 5x(3min Zone 4,2min Zone 2)
Cd: 7 min Zone 1

This felt great and was able to do part of the 3min in Zone 5 with no knee pain or other issues.

Sunday, we left and while I was packing up the car Megan and Pierce were playing in the grass. By the way even though I did not get to ride the road bike this weekend it looked great on top of the Element.


MEGAN'S BIRTHDAY
Monday 3.7.11 was the wifes birthday so I took off work not to really go do anything special but really to watch Pierce most of the day so she could get some things done she has been putting off with work. Along with watching Pierce I was able to plant a new plan in the back yard for her and finally bury the cable cord that UVERSE left in our backyard. I should have taken pictures of both of these things but oh well.

Highlight of the day for both of us was some Crave cupcakes. Check out the picture of these things and we had one for lunch dessert and one for dinner dessert. Birthdays only come once a year I guess.

If you are wondering what I bought her she is buying herself some cloths that she wants and on top of that I got her a gift certificate for an 1.5hr message at a local spa that she can redeem once she is finished with Step 3 in a couple of weeks.

MRI
Well had the MRI this morning and was happy to hear it was a brand new machine because worst case scenario is I get this MRI and they cannot see anything.

Still apprehensive about my Dr. appt on Thursday but it will be good to hopefully know something so I and my coach can move on and plan our strategy.

I know that was a long update but I said a lot has happened so I think you were warned.
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great birthday for Megs and those cupcakes look amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Cupcakes are by far the best ones in Houston.

    ReplyDelete