Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Base Building and Lack of Sleep - 3.2.11

Well the lack of sleep from having a newborn is definitely starting to catch up with me.  I cannot imagine trying to raise a kid while single.

Last night I got off a 85min Zone 1 ride at 10pm and had to go straight to bath time for Pierce.  By time we got him down and asleep it was probably midnight or so. Then of course we woke up at like 2am and again at 6am. I swear I was up pretty much constantly from 2-4am trying to get Pierce to go back to sleep.

I guess that is about 4 hours of sleep, which is pretty normal now.

Today I had a lunch run which again I did on the treadmill as it is the fastest and most controlled workout. I need the control as staying in Zone 1 is way too hard. Got it done and happy with it.

Tonight off to some friends house for some burgers and beer.  Not looking like I will catch up on any sleep tonight either.

"The Life of a Father, Husband & Triathlete"
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. I'm right there with you on the sleep... can't imagine if I had a kid...

    ReplyDelete